Maximum Weekly Amount: $450
Maximum Weeks: 26
Additional COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Amount Per Week: $600
Update to current situation with COVID-19 as of April 2020:
- You are not required to look for work like typical unemployment periods.
- No 7-day waiting period for claims being made right now.
If you lost your job or your work hours have been reduced, you should file your unemployment claim within a few days and you will begin receiving benefits on the Sunday of the week you submit your information.
If you wait to file for your benefits, your payments will be delayed so we recommend you file immediately upon receiving the unemployment news.
What Do You Need To File?
- Your employer company name, address, phone number and manager’s name.
- The dates you worked and reason for currently being unemployed.
- Gross earnings until the last day you worked – most specifically from the Sunday of the last week you worked until your last day.
- All employment information from the last 18 months. This includes Company name, address, dates, gross income earned, hours, pay rate and reason you are not at those Companies.
- Citizenship status. If you are not a U.S. citizen, then have your employment authorization documentation available.
- For ex-military, DD 214 Member 4 form. Only for ex-military.
Ways To File Unemployment
- Online: You can file online with the State here.
Filing times online:
|Days of the Week||Available Time|
|Sunday||5 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.|
|Monday||4 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Tuesday – Friday||2 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Saturday||2 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
- By Telephone
Monday – Friday 8am – noon PST by calling these phone numbers.
What Happens After Filing?
You will receive five documents in the mail to fill out. They will arrive within two weeks of filing your claim:
1. Notice of Unemployment Insurance Claim Filed (DE 1101CLMT)
A summary of the information you submitted. This is to confirm it was accurate.
2. Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award (DE 492Z)
A summary of the weekly payments you will receive.
3. Employment Development Department Customer Account Number Notification (DE 5614)
An EDD Customer Account Number which allows you to register online to login and see/manage your benefits.
4. Unemployment Insurance Benefits: What You Need to Know (DE 1275B)
An important guide about maintaining eligibility for unemployment benefits and how to continue receiving ongoing benefits.
5. Continued Claim (DE 4581)
Use this form to continue receiving your benefits every two weeks. You can also do this online through the Unemployment Interface system.
Ongoing Questions Regarding Payment
After you file and are approved for your weekly payments, if you have questions you can check on the latest status by logging into your UI Online account or by calling 1-866-333-4606.